Thursday, September 10, 2009

P Ramlee Serenade

Its been a while since I last updated my blogs. I didn't realise it until a 'Friend' pointed it out that I have not been 'around' in my Great Minds Think Alike blog. Well, Friend, (whatever your name is), I'm back, at least for this entry.

And for some sentimental reason, I am enclosing here another one of my humble play from the late Tan Sri P.Ramlee, whom ironicaly got his Tan Sri title only after his demise, and not before. Here Jeritan Batin Ku and part of Jangan Tinggal Daku.

As I started on the first key, and throughout the play, my mind wanders through several things that happens in my life. (Edited: A phrase taken out due to personal reasons) I do feel some heavy feelings which I cannot explain why, even to myself.

Ooohh...enough of that! "I am a happy person, and I am grateful with my life!" Alhamdulillah...!

Back to my piano play, I strongly feel that I need to change and improve my style further. Somehow the transfer of feelings was lacking. Maybe I need to play in Emajor instead of A minor. And don't mention the techniques! And rhythms....and tempo...lol! And I dream to play like one of those hotel pianist...with all the strong strums and sweet fill-ins, with suave and precision!

Somehow, my biggest challenge is myself. Passion, oh I am passionate about playing, and motivation?...I am motivated! Haha...complicated person, I am. Well, just don't bother about me. I'll get on with my life....and you with yours! Lets wish other the best!! :)

9 comments:

jaflam said...

Ydiana,
Good to have you back and playing your piano. But hope the two songs do not reflect your current state of life. Wish you plenty of happiness and smiles always.

Ydiana said...

Hi DJ

Lol..you are so funny! I hope not...but suppose it is, it must be really heavy and dramatic isn't it, based on the melody and lyrics of the song. Haha..

I play these songs because I love P Ramlee's musics, and when I play, sometimes I do feel sad for no reason. It could be thoughts of long lost friend, or even if my cats ignored me... lolz

A Friend said...

Ydiana

I know I should tell you that you could improve further, but I'm still going to say 'well done'. Contrary to your claim about lack of feeling, I can safely say that it does carry some emotional transfer into the music. Keep on practising, Ydiana!

Lol...your cats ignored you? Hahaha

cakapaje said...

Salam ydiana,

Apologies for being unable to watch the full video due to time constraint. However, "nak gi open house!!!" :)

Ydiana said...

Hey Friend

Thanks! One of my cats normaly choose to ignore me after a bath or a vigorous brushings...lol!

Ydiana said...

Hi Shah

Salam. Nak datang open house? La...klu takde open house tak nak datang ke? Nanti datanglah sama Snowflake together-gather. Ok?

Teddy said...

i was fascinated by ur serenade.. can u plz mail me ur notes as i can compare it to mine.. thanks in advance..

teddy

Ydiana said...

Hi Teddy
Thanks for the compliments, but it's not perfect. I would love to exchange notes with you, but I don't have it penned down as I play be ear. But if you want the chords, I have no problem giving it to you. I normally play them in Aminor, but when the mood arise, I might just switch to Dminor.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ydiana,

I happened to find your post under Google while I was searching for P Ramlee's songs music score. I share the same sentiment with you when listening to his songs. I have been searching for a long time for his music score and wondered if you could share them with me? I hope to hear from you. You can contact me at: kurshiahar@gmail.com